SUCCESS!!! We have received a grant of £80,000 from the Heritage Lottery Fund to support the planning of this project. We apply for stage 2 of the grant – £450,000 – next year, but to receive this we MUST raise match-funding ourselves.
It is essential that we raise £250,000 ourselves through donations from our friends and supporters – please donate what you can! Without your help we will not be able to take this project beyond the planning stage.
This will allow us to renovate Halsway Manor and ensure it remains available for use by all into the future. After fifty years of heavy use there is essential work needed to preserve the buildings and library collection.
The money will enable us to:
- Repair and conserve the manor’s historic fabric, repair the roof, windows and doors, upgrade dated electrical and water systems.
- Redecorate rooms and facilities.
- Conserve the library collection and make it accessible to more people.
- Install new environmentally sustainable biomass heating system which will save significant future running costs and be much more efficient.
- Upgrade our dated waste water systems and bring them up to the required standard.
We desperately need your help to raise these funds to ensure we can continue to promote folk arts in England and preserve our valuable cultural heritage for future generations.
To donate either send us a cheque, call us or visit our funding campaign page www.totalgiving.co.uk/appeal/halswayrestoration
If you would like any more information or to discuss a donation please contact: Crispian Cook or call 01984 618274 Ex4
Please give what you can, it all helps.
We would welcome legacies which can go on helping Halsway achieve its aims. If you wish to leave money for the Society you can ask your solicitor to write this into your will. Our registered charity number is 247230. More information about donations and legacies see www.rememberacharity.org.uk/